As a 2nd generation, independent family-run business in Kingston, Ontario, it is important to us to operate in a sustainable way and to also provide our clients with solutions that help them to accomplish this same goal.
Apart from our internal efforts to reduce our environmental footprint, we are constantly challenging ourselves to provide our clients with new and innovative ways to become more sustainable. To that end, we have begun labelling these products & solutions with “Levac Green” to raise awareness about more sustainable products and services.
GREEN Products & Services
- Products that are produced close to our branches and thus avoid large CO2 emissions from being transported over long distances, such as IMPACTO protective products, manufactured in Belleville, Ontario
- Lloyd’s chemical products are manufactured in Peterborough, Ontario and contain less harmful chemicals than competitive alternatives
- Our online Health & Safety training courses avoid travel time and other related expenses and reduce environmental impact (i.e. CO2 emissions and waste related to travel)
- Value-added services (i.e. kitting operations) that are supported by local agencies and employ workers with physical and/or mental challenges
- Repair services for many of the products purchased at LEVAC – allowing longer lifespan
- Regrind & resharpening services for cutting tools (e.g. drills, endmills, etc), that would otherwise end up in a recycling bin, or worse, a landfill
- A comprehensive line of battery-operated tools for sale and the opportunity to recycle batteries through our service partners
- Recertification of a multitude of health & safety relevant equipment, along with material lifting equipment, improves the longevity of that equipment while keeping its users safe